- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Chief of Party
Location: Manila, Philippines | Job Type: Full-timeProposal | Post Date: 12/22/2016
URC is seeking qualified candidates to lead TB activities under the upcoming USAID funded 5-year project in Philippines. The project will support the government of the Philippines at the national and regional levels to expand and scale up prevention, detection, and treatment of tuberculosis and multi-drug resistant TB.
The Chief of Party (COP) will manage activities under the task order, working closely with the mission team. S/he will serve as URC’s principal subject matter expert and will manage all staff under the project. S/he will continuously monitor all aspects of program activities and make adjustments when necessary. The Chief of Party will work directly with the staff and clients to oversee the daily performance of the in-country project team. He/she will coordinate directly with the functional leads, government officials, and staff to ensure that the program objectives are meet. He/she will work closely with the functional leads to track project progress, as well as resolve task specific issues. These management responsibilities will include, as appropriate, coordinating with other USAID-supported programs and partners.
- Serve as the main point of contact and oversee implementation of the project
- Provide overall strategic leadership
- Oversee daily operations of the technical and administrative team
- Provide quality control and ensure timeliness of all deliverables
- Review all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis
- Review performance of the project staff and provide constructive feedback
- Organize a transparent and fair selection of staff members when appropriate to ensure uninterrupted implementation of all project activities
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Policy and management or other relevant discipline
- Advanced postgraduate training in tuberculosis control would be an asset
- A strong record of leading USAID or other donor funded multimillion projects in the Philippines
- At least 10 years of experience of planning and leading public/global health programs with a specific TB focus
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with senior government officials, the business community, civil society, and international donors; excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent English and Tagalog language written and oral communications skills
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.