- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Developer and Software Support
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 06/15/2017
Reporting directly to the Lead Developer and Data Architect, this full-time incumbent will be responsible to support programming project data into centralized accounting system through automated processes. This position is required to develop a web solution using latest technologies and best practice methodologies.
- Under general supervision of the Lead Developer and Data Architect, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting full Systems Development Life Cycle, SDLC, of custom software solutions according to defined requirements.
- Design websites in ASP.Net and C#.
- Develop and manage to specifications, project schedules and quality standards such that deliverables and commitments are met.
- Create and maintain proper documentation, including but not limited to schedules, system and workflow diagrams. Benchmark various performance requirements and source codes.
- Support users with first response to service requests, training and documentation of issues.
- Test software and document results.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement.
- Additional duties may be assigned by the Lead Developer and Data Architect or Director of Technology.
- 3 years of experience in systems engineering with increasing responsibilities.
- 3 years of experience with using structured analysis, design methodologies, design tools, and object-oriented principles.
- Experience with .NET, Windows Server, Visual Studio, ASP.net technologies
- Experience with working on an Agile team in an Agile environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be currently eligible to work long term in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Familiar with basic accounting definitions, GL Accounts, Organizations, Direct/Indirect, Overhead, G&A.
- Exposure to latest Microsoft BI stack, Telerik UI components
- The ability to independently troubleshoot and solve problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of service level agreements, their development, and implementation and execution
- Strong ability to communicate and interface with business leadership
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized and able to work as a team player and role model
- Adaptable to changing priorities
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.