- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Guatemala City, Guatemala | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 03/16/2017
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Financial Assistant is responsible for supporting all financial management activities for the Regional of the Financial Management Project "Strategies for HIV Co-infection Planning Program in Central America under PEPFAR" carried out timely and efficiently, based on the rules and regulations of URC and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Timely, compliant and efficient implementation of the project’s accounting as well as other financial practices and processes
- Coordinate with the finance team in all aspects related compliance and audit processes
- Input vouchers to the QuickBooks accounting system as part of the financial report, and upload to One Drive for review at HQ
- Issue payments to suppliers and consultants, for review by the Finance Manager
- Keep an up-to-date list of service provider contracts and ensure their effectiveness
- Track consultant payments based on dates and products as established in the consulting agreement
- Calculate annual income tax projections to the project personnel, as well as for service providers and consultants when appropriate
- Prepare the monthly payroll, including social security payments for review by the Financial Administration and Management approval
- Calculate travel allowances based on travel requests and activities, for review by the Finance Manager, and ensure that travel expense reports are reconciled in a compliant and timely fashion
- Maintain the physical files for the finance department including vouchers, account statements, vendor contracts, activity projections, communications with the local bank, etc.
- Support the project team in developing and finalizing quarterly and annual reports to the client
- Licensed accountant (minimum 2 year degree) with appropriate, valid professional registration with the Guatemalan SAT
- Five years experience, preferably in similar positions in projects financed by USG or other international organizations
- Understanding of tax and labor laws, with proven experience in managing social security (IGSS) and income tax (ISR) payments preferred
- Advanced MS Office management, and accounting systems preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English desired
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the Country for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.