- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 05/16/2017
The Center for Innovation and Technology (CIT) is one of three international program divisions at URC/CHS and manages field-based health and development programs through a range of U.S. government funding mechanisms, including USAID, CDC, and MCC. CIT currently supports projects in more than a dozen countries in Southern Africa, Asia, and the Middle East among which is the USAID TBCARE II Global Project.
CIT is seeking an entry-level Office Assistant to support the CIT Administrative and Technical team with operations and office management. Responsibilities will include travel coordination, workshop/conference planning, scheduling meetings, and other office and project tasks as needed.
- Serve as key point of contact for all of CIT travel bookings; which involves making international/local travel arrangements and procuring visas
- Assist in coordinating workshops, trainings and meetings including developing display materials
- Ordering office supplies and checking resources and purchases for the team
- Assisting Project Coordinators/Program Officers in updating project expense trackers with current financial data
- Assisting to manage project communications materials
- Supporting content management for project websites, proofreading reports
- Assist in preparation of reports and project deliverables, including editing, proofreading, and coordinating translation services
- Assist with proposal production, packaging and delivery
- Other logistical and office-related tasks, as assigned
- Highly motivated individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team
- At least 2 years of previous office experience/project support utilizing excel, invoice reviewing and applying USAID rules and regulations
- Computer literacy required in MS Excel and Word, with PowerPoint desired
- Potential strong organizational and administration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and Experience in office settings/project support activities utilizing budgeting skills and Excel spreadsheets and applying USAID procedures and regulations is preferred
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.