- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Proposal | Post Date: 06/16/2017
University Research Co., LLC is looking for a full-time Principal Investigator to guide the preparation, conduct, and administration of an exploratory/developmental research grant.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and institutional policy governing the conduct of NIH research.
- Work with Research Scientist/Project Director to ensure that procedures used are consistent with sound research design and do not unnecessarily expose subjects to risk/harm.
- Prepare the appropriate forms (either at proposal submission time or “Just In Time” in accordance with sponsor requirements) for the Human Subjects IRB, if the proposal involves human subjects or Protected Health Information.
- Meet periodically with IRB and prepare relevant notices.
- Complete a Participation Agreement prior to conducting grant research.
- Ensure that other personnel involved in the project sign confidentiality forms, as required.
- Assure that the design is appropriate to the proposed question.
- Guide Research Scientist/Project Director in determining what actions require sponsor approval and for obtaining that approval with involvement/assistance from URC’s Contracts Office.
- Participate in analysis of research and performance data in collaboration with the Research Scientist/Project Director.
- Guide the documentation of research results and assist in preparing publications as needed.
- PhD in public health, social science or other related field.
- 8-10 years in the field or in a related area, to include 2-5 years of research experience.
- Bring an understanding of the literature and seminal research of HIV field, as well as a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working on issues of linkage and retention in HIV care.
- Knowledge of and experience in using quantitative and qualitative research methods in the field.
- Two years’ experience post master’s degree in research or data analysis required.
- Five or more years of experience in research design, proposal preparation and management, and manuscript/report preparation strongly preferred.
- One or more publications in peer reviewed literature required.
- Problem-solving/solutions-oriented approach.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of MS Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to balance and prioritize work, to generate on-time and high-quality deliverables that meet client requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.