- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 05/09/2017
The International Development Group is one of three international program divisions at URC/CHS and manages health field programs funded by USAID and CDC in Africa and the Latin America region with key focus areas improving health systems performance, including management support systems, and quality of care in maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS, TB and nutrition.
Reporting to the Sr. Project Coordinator for the RHITES EC Project, the Project Assistant will provide administrative, events and clerical support to health development programs.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings, conferences, and events
- Assist with processing and checking project financial reports and other project-related documents as needed
- Respond to requests for assistance from IDG headquarters and field personnel as assigned
- Assist in the preparation of reports and deliverables, including formatting and translation processes
- Participate in business development activities as assigned
- Support the coordination of travel arrangements and procuring Visa for IDG headquarters and overseas staff, as needed, including liaising with travel agent and traveler to book flights, requesting travel advances, ensuring travelers have appropriate immunizations, confirming hotel bookings and airport pick-ups, and processing travel expense statements following travel
- Process expense vouchers for IDG and project-related expenditures
- Support consultant hiring process, including preparing the consultant hire documents, insurance arrangements, and providing administrative support to consultants as requested
- Review and/or prepare purchase orders based upon URC policies and procedures
- Updating project expense trackers with current financial data
- Ordering supplies and checking resources and purchases for the team
- Assisting to manage project communications materials
- Coordinate with field and home office staff, including technical staff, contracts, human resources, operations, etc.
- Other logistical and office-related tasks, as assigned.
- Assist with CV formatting and editing
- Support RHITES EC’s recruitment efforts
- Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, plus at least one year of professional experience. Exposure to international development preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite required
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required and in at least one UN language desired
- Close attention to detail is a key requirement. Must be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks
- Occasional overtime for project and program development efforts may be required
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.