- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Research Assistant Intern
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Intern | Post Date: 05/11/2017
The International Development Group is one of three international program divisions at URC/CHS and manages health field programs funded by USAID and CDC in Africa and the Latin America region with key focus areas of improving health systems performance, including management support systems, and quality of care in maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS, TB, and nutrition.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor for RMNCH, the intern with assist with developing BEmONC (Basic Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care) materials.
- Work with Sr. Technical Advisor RMNCH to research and support BEmONC curriculum review and update
- Research and support development of job aids and other capacity-building training materials in RMNCH skill areas
- Support planning of multi-stakeholder meeting to review the training materials
- Help integrate the review comments and develop clarifications to support finalization of the capacity-building materials
- Assist in any other activity and tasks pertaining to RMNCH
- Other appropriate tasks as needs and/or appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in supporting research in health-related fields
- Experience working in a developing country
- Experience in supporting development of health-related technical materials
- MPH student and/or individuals with medical career trajectory preferred
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.