- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 05/15/2017
URC seeks a Technical Associate to work closely with, report to, and provide support to the Chief Medical and Quality Officer/Senior Vice President, Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) and Director, USAID ASSIST Project. The position requires high levels of confidentiality and flexibility in work hours. This position is responsible for coordination and participation with the CM&QO/SVP in the everyday management of a large global health systems strengthening and improvement portfolio, including: a variety of on-site and off-site meetings with the primary role of preparing for and following up on actions from the meetings; relationship management and business development with partners such as USAID, WHO, World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, CDC, Harvard School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University; creating budgets and scopes of work for projects; providing technical inputs for project presentations and documents, include peer-reviewed publications; and reviewing and drafting e-mail communications of the CM&QO/SVP; participation in high-level planning on ways to advance the field of implementation science in low- and middle-income countries.
This is a position of one year duration, extendable by agreement of both parties. It is intended to provide an opportunity for the Technical Assistant to see what it is like to manage a large global health portfolio through supporting the CM&QO/SVP.
- Work in close coordination with the CM&QO/SVP, the Healthcare Improvement Fellow and the CM&QO/SVP’s Special Assistant. Strong communication and teamwork skills are a must.
- E-mails: review, triage, draft responses, and edit CM&QO/SVP’s emails. The Technical Associate is expected to independently exercise judgment on urgency, importance, and sensitivity of communications. The Technical Associate needs to advise the CM&QO/SVP on these issues. Excellent written communication is a must.
- Meetings: prepare agendas, meeting materials, take and write notes for regular and ad hoc meetings. These meetings include visitors from other companies and international travel. The Technical Associate is expected to learn the technical content of these meetings as well as the developing country contexts to which they pertain in order to actively participate and fulfill the responsibilities related to these assignments.
- Writing and editing: assist CM&QO/SVP in preparing PowerPoint presentations and other documents, memos, papers, articles for internal use as well as publication, including peer-reviewed publications
- Special Projects: work with CM&QO/SVP on organizing technical materials and agendas for meetings and conferences, including participation in meetings and helping to run them
- This position requires a high level of interaction and coordination with the CM&QO/SVP, as well as time flexibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy and Management, Health Communications, Promotion, or related field with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Must be able to exercise strict confidentiality
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
- Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
- Strong data collection and data analysis skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel)
- Proficiency in data analysis software (SPSS, STATA or SAS) is highly preferred
- Interests in learning about managing a large global health portfolio focused on improving health care
- Highly organized and attentive to detail and follow-up
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- This position is for a period of one year renewable by agreement of both parties. Candidates will be assessed on their individual merits, abilities and commitment to fulfill the requirements of this position and to grow professionally from this position.
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.