- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Technical Program Manager
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 05/09/2017
The International Development Group is one of three international program divisions at URC/CHS and manages programs funded by USAID, CDC, DoD and MCC with key focus areas on improving health systems performance, implementation science and basic education.
This position combines technical and managerial support and coordination for the Uganda portfolio for the Group. The position will provide support to the Chiefs of Party of several large systems strengthening projects aimed at improving HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH and FP services at all levels of the health system.
The position of Technical Program Manager combines technical and managerial support and coordination for the Uganda portfolio. The position will provide support to the Chiefs of Party of several large systems strengthening projects aimed at improving HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH and FP services at all levels of the health system. These are the SUSTAIN project, RHITES-EC and health systems strengthening in the Soroti region.
- Provide direct support to the Chiefs of Party of SUSTAIN and RHITES-EC to ensure quality of technical assistance, including linking to technical resources, literature, expert advice
- Support documentation of program results, cross-project coordination and communication
- Contribute to the technical design and monitoring of subgrantees
- Provide technical assistance as needed and ensure appropriate technical resources are deployed
- Coordinate URC’s work for laboratory strengthening and logistics under CH2MHill
- Manage URC’s participation in CDC-funded project in Soroti Region with focus on technical implementation and liaising with implementing partner
- Lead URC HQ-based Uganda project support team in close collaboration with the IDG Director for Finance and Administration
- Coordinate with project management teams and linking to URC Global Headquarters
- Ensure compliance with company and donor policies and procedures, in close collaboration with the IDG Director for Finance and Administration, and other departments of URC
- Support efforts for new business development including developing technical strategies and writing technical and management inputs to proposals
- Advanced degree in public health, international relations, or related field
- At least 8 years of hand-on experience in a developing country setting, managing and implementing relevant public health technical interventions; familiarity with quality improvement highly desirable; experience with USG, Global Fund, Gates Foundation or similar donor activities very desirable
- Demonstrated experience within two of the following health areas: maternal and child health, HIV/AIDS, grants to local organizations and performance monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and managing staff
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills; high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a matrix management setting in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.