- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Technical Support Intern
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 05/09/2017
URC’s Translating Research into Action (TRAction) Project, funded by USAID, is working to advance and legitimize innovative methodologies in implementation science that explore and explain why and how best practices work in particular settings and how these lessons can be scaled-up and translated to other settings. TRAction project is approaching its completion date on June 30, 2017.
URC has been awarded Health Evaluation and Applied Research Development (HEARD) Project, funded by USAID, that will focus on conducting health research and evaluations for development, testing and refinement of new and improved tools, technologies, approaches, interventions and policies in low- and middle- income countries (LMICs) over the next five years.
- Assist with writing and editing of technical products: reports, publications, other documents
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Coordinate reviews of the technical products
- Work with the TRAction and HEARD team to compile and enter information into reports, or spreadsheets and prepare documents; choose supporting materials, like images and illustrations
- Manage and organize literature, publications and other documents
- Support event planning and prepare written materials/handouts as needed
- Create and maintain files and filing systems
- Bachelor’s degree (in progress) in social sciences, public health, international relations, or other related areas
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with use of social media sites as platforms for disseminating information and increasing interest
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.