- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Research and Evaluation
- HIV and AIDS
- Malaria and Zika
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
The Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Consultancy for Sierra Leone, Indonesia, and the Human and Community Development Practice Group
URC provides technical assistance and support to the Millennium Challenge Corporate’s (MCC) Human and Community Development Practice Group for developing and implementing strategies for water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- In Sierra Leone, URC is supporting MCC to design a project for improving the reliability and quality of WASH services in the city of Freetown and the surrounding area. The city’s water supply is insufficient for the growing population and while latrines generally exist, waste disposal is poor.
- In Indonesia, URC is providing technical assistance to strengthen community-led total sanitation activities under the MCC-funded Community-Based Health and Nutrition to Reduce Stunting Project. The Project works to reduce and prevent low birth weight, childhood stunting, and malnourishment of children. Sustainable improvements in sanitation and hygiene which reduce rates of diarrhea, acute respiratory infection, and malnutrition, will also contribute to lowering childhood stunting. URC’s technical support has particularly focused on strengthening the engagement of sanitation entrepreneurs and CLTS implementation.
- URC is also supporting MCC with the identification and development of activities to strengthen WASH in Liberia and Mongolia.
The team’s support ranges from strategy development at the national level to preparation of training manuals and monitoring implementation of activities at the field level.