- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Social and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Global Health Security
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our News
- Join Our Team
Free e-learning course on the science of improvement
Free e-learning course from the USAID ASSIST Project, "Improving Health Care: An introduction to the science of improvement" is now available online!
This interactive virtual course is structured to give a broad overview of the science of improvement, exploring the key principles and methods necessary to understanding how improvement projects can be implemented in any setting to make health care better.
Learn what is meant by “quality health care” and explore the issues surrounding quality in health care, then dive into a detailed case study from implementing nutrition, assessment, and counseling (NACS) services in a health care facility in Uganda.
Participants will practice:
- Defining improvement aims and forming improvement teams
- Plotting time-series charts; analyze processes of care
- Testing and implementing changes to improve health care processes
- Monitoring and evaluating the results of tested changes.
After completing this course, participants will be able to articulate key issues in health care quality, explain the underlying fundamentals of the science of improvement, and give examples of successful improvements from different technical areas and geographical contexts.
"Improving Health Care: An introduction to the science of improvement" is available for free through the USAID ASSIST Project website.
May 03, 2017