- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Social and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Global Health Security
- HIV and AIDS
- Malaria and Zika
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
URC Participates in ISQua’s 29th International Conference
URC is participating in the International Society for Quality in Health Care’s (ISQua’s) 29th International Conference in Geneva this week. ISQUA is a membership organization that fosters the sharing of expertise in improving the quality of health care.
URC’s Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) formed an alliance with ISQua in September 2011 based on the shared goal of improving health care in developing countries. The two organizations collaborate through the USAID Health Care Improvement Project (HCI), QPI’s flagship project in quality improvement (QI).
ISQua’s conference offers a unique opportunity for the more than 1000 delegates to share their expertise and knowledge relative to improving quality and safety worldwide through a multidisciplinary forum. This year’s conference theme is “Advancing Quality and Safety for All: Now and in the Future.”
Several URC staff are contributing to the conference program, with activities including:
- Session: “Making Health Care Better in Low- and Middle-income Economies” by Dr. M. Rashad Massoud, QPI Senior Vice President and HCI Project Director (Tuesday, October 23 at 10:30am)
- Poster presentation: “Applying Modern QI Concepts to Improve Maternal Care in Low Resource Settings” by Dr. Edward Broughton, HCI Director of Research and Evaluation, on behalf of Dr. Youssef Tawfik, Director of Maternal , Newborn, and Child Health/Family Planning (Tuesday, October 23 at 5:00pm)
- Oral presentations:
- “Spread of Better Care Practices and Quality Improvement for Maternal and Newborn Services from Niger to Mali” by Dr. Maina Boucar, URC Regional Director for West Africa (Monday, October 22 at 11:00am
- "Sustaining the Gains: Quality Improvement of HIV and AIDS Programs in South Africa (2007–2011)” by Donna Jacobs, URC Country Director for South Africa (Tuesday, October 23 at 10:30am)
- “Engaging Clients in Quality Improvement: A Pre- and Post-assessment of a Client Engagement Intervention at 12 HIV Facilities in Western Uganda” by Mabel Namwabira, HCI QI Advisor in Uganda (Tuesday, October 23 at 12:50pm)
- “Maternal Health Service Improvements in Kunduz Province, Afghanistan” by Dr. Broughton (Tuesday, October 23 at 1:45pm)
URC’s Cote d’Ivoire Chief of Party Jean N’guessan is providing translation services throughout the conference and several staff members are attending sessions, including Afghanistan Chief of Party Dr. Mirwais Rahimzai. URC’s Edward Chappy, Chief of Party for Jordan, is serving as a poster judge.
Click here to see the full conference program.
October 22, 2012