- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Social and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Global Health Security
- HIV and AIDS
- Malaria and Zika
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our News
- Join Our Team
USAID Health Care Improvement Project (HCI) | Haiti
The USAID Health Care Improvement Project (HCI) provides technical assistance to the Institute of Social Welfare and Research (IBESR), within Haiti’s Ministry of Social Affairs, and implementing partners to improve the quality of services offered to vulnerable children and families affected by HIV. The project focuses on developing and piloting minimum care standards for organizations delivering services. The standards cover several domains of care, including health, nutrition, shelter, education, legal protection, psychosocial support, and household economic strengthening.
Read more about the HCI project.
- Support country leadership in improving the quality of care provided by programs for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC).
- Strengthen the integration of OVC standards of care within a national strategy.
- Facilitate and support the national and local OVC Technical Working Groups to develop, pilot, and finalize draft service standards through a consensus process.
- Support the capacity building of local and international partners in quality improvement methods.
- Gather and communicate evidence on draft service standards.
- Develop job aids to support the implementation of standards at the point of service.
- Develop a quality improvement scale-up plan for OVC programs in organizations and regions not reached during the pilot.
- Create a community of learning across OVC stakeholders in Haiti and between other countries implementing standards of care.
- Developed draft quality improvement service standards in a workshop attended by a number of Ministries and implementing partners.
- Facilitated, with USAID and FHI360 participation, an IBESR-hosted children’s workshop attended by a boy and girl from each of Haiti’s 10 departments.
2012 to 2014
The US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
US Agency for International Development (USAID)
Haiti Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour
Institute of Social Welfare and Research (IBESR)