- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Social and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Global Health Security
- HIV and AIDS
- Malaria and Zika
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our News
- Join Our Team
USAID Services de Santé de Qualité pour Haïti-Nord (SSQH-Nord) (Quality Health Services for Haiti-North)
From 2013-2015, URC and its partners worked in Haiti's four northern departments to:
- Increase Haitians' use of primary health care services, particularly in rural or isolated areas;
- Improve the functionality of selected referral networks that link communities with health care facilities;
- Facilitate sustainable delivery of quality health care services; and
- Strengthen departmental health authorities' capacity to manage and monitor health care service delivery.
The project supported services related to gender-based violence and child protection at key sites.
Key project elements included quality improvement and results-based financing:
- Quality improvement (QI) improves the effectiveness, efficiency, and safety of health service delivery processes and systems, as well as human resource performance in delivering products and services. Quality improvement, a field in which URC has globally recognized expertise, generates pride in and ownership of better performance by empowering health providers to make changes and see results.
- Results-based financing, a pillar of the Ministry's strategy for improved health services, offers financial or non-monetary rewards for achieving more and better service delivery.
2013 to 2015
US Agency for International Development (USAID)
Haiti Ministry of Public Health and Population (Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population)
Save the Children
Foundation for Reproductive Health and Family Education
Centers for Development and Health (Centres pour le Développement et la Santé)