- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Social and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Global Health Security
- HIV and AIDS
- Malaria and Zika
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our News
- Join Our Team
Research and Evaluation
URC takes pride in using data-driven approaches to improve health and other development outcomes through research and evaluation.
We conduct comprehensive evaluation to build implementation strategies based on experience and known challenges, to modify plans and identify best practices for expansion and scale-up, and to determine what changes are occurring as a result of our work. We embed research into our programs to find realistic solutions to implementation problems.
In health, URC uses evidence to:
- Develop innovations to increase demand for services and improve quality of care
- Scale up evidence-based guidelines and best practices in a cost-effective manner
- Motivate health workers to achieve, mobilizing their intelligence, energy, creativity, and commitment
- Advocate persuasively for policy change
- Provide context-specific recommendations that will achieve public health results
We also design targeted research to help answer key operational questions. URC helped evaluate the effectiveness of a job aid to help community health workers hone their performance in using rapid diagnostic tests for malaria and used operations research to identify indicators of quality to help monitor and evaluate HIV programs.
In all our studies and projects, we provide multiple opportunities for learning. We promote wider awareness of findings and lessons through conference presentations, publications, briefings with partners and media, and online. And with expert researchers on staff, many affiliated with world-renowned institutions, URC has published articles in numerous peer-reviewed journals.
Regions and Countries
Afghanistan, Africa, Angola, Argentina, Asia, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Burundi, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Europe and Eurasia, Gaza, Georgia, Ghana, Global, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Korea, Laos, Latin America and the Caribbean, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mexico, Middle East, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North America, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad, Uganda, Ukraine, United States, Uruguay, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe